[KPhotoAlbum] "F Number" vs. "Aperture Value"

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Dec 1 01:49:26 GMT 2019

Hi Robert,

Am Samstag, 30. November 2019, 03:41:28 CET schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> Why are there two separate controls in the search dialog?  They mean
> the same thing (but don't have the same effect -- one finds zero
> matches while the other finds the correct matches).

That's an interesting question. A casual glance at the source code doesn't
help, unfortunately: apparently both the aperture and the f-number were added
within a short amount of time (33cfb31cf vs 803e77395).

My best guess is that fnumber was first renamed to aperture, and then a
mistake was made when applying some patch, reintroducing fnumber...

  Johannes