[KPhotoAlbum] Icons problems in Debian buster

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Aug 27 21:01:27 BST 2019

Hi Salvador,

Am Dienstag, 27. August 2019, 12:03:30 CEST schrieb Salvador Eduardo Tropea:
> I tried switching Gnome to de breeze theme and it has almost all the icons.
> [...]
> The theme is "gnome":
>
> kphotoalbum.MainWindow: Using icon theme:  "gnome"
> kphotoalbum.MainWindow: Icon search paths:  ("/usr/share/icons", ":/icons")
>
> Looks like some icons were removed from the gnome theme

Ok, that's a starting point. IIRC I've heard complaints (not just with
kphotoalbum) about KDE applications missing some icons when the gnome icon
theme is used.

> > Unfortunately, it seems that no diagnostic is emitted when an icon is
> > missing...
>
> Where can I find a list of the icons used by Kphotoalbum?

There's no official list, but searching the source for the most common way
that we use icons I compiled a list (see attached file). It is probably not
fully complete, but certainly covers most icons that we use.

You can use the kiconfinder command-line program to see which icons are found:

for i in `cat icons.txt` ; do echo -n "$i: " ; kiconfinder "$i" ; done

Cheers,
  Johannes