[KPhotoAlbum] Icons problems in Debian buster

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Mon Aug 26 23:14:37 BST 2019

Hi,

Am Montag, 26. August 2019, 13:56:33 CEST schrieb Salvador Eduardo Tropea:
> I saw a message "Missing gnome icon theme", so I installed
> "gnome-icon-theme". This recovered the icons for the categories that I
> can configure icons, but a lot of icons are missing (in the main screen
> and in the configuration).
>
> What icons package should I install? or ... How can I find which
> filenames are failing to load?

Checking the icons in my local install (Debian unstable) shows that all
required icons are in the package breeze-icon-theme.

Some pointers to hunt down the problem:
You can start kphotoalbum with debug output enabled so that it shows some info
about where it searches for icons. To enable all debug output, set the
following environment variable:

export QT_LOGGING_RULES='kphotoalbum.MainWindow.debug=true'

This should result in two messages detailing the theme name and the icon
search path for that theme.
Unfortunately, it seems that no diagnostic is emitted when an icon is
missing...

HTH,
  Johannes