[KPhotoAlbum] Problem running in Fedora 28

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 23 03:55:42 BST 2018

On Tue, 22 May 2018 20:43:02 -0400 (EDT), Robert Krawitz wrote:
> It's definitely reading the EXIF data more than it should (three
> times, to be precise).  The code's messy, but I do want to fix
> that...

I got rid of two of the three EXIF reads during image load.  Tested
that the EXIF data in fact is present, that the index.xml file
contains the correct angle and times, and that there's no problem with
images that don't contain EXIF data.

I didn't expect this to make much of a difference performance-wise,
but rather to my surprise it looks like it did, to the tune of 1-2% on
the SSD, and perhaps 3-5% when I uppped the scout threads.

I also capped the progress bar update to no more than every second.  I
can load about 70 files/second (20MP JPEG) from the SSD, and maybe
15/sec from the HDD.

--Eric Crampton