[KPhotoAlbum] Load-performance branch

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Wed Jun 13 23:36:07 BST 2018

Hi Robert,

And another mini-reviewing session ;-)

In void ImageManager::AsyncLoader::requestExit(), why don't you simply call wakeAll()
instead of calling wakeOne() n times?

Also, it might be worthwhile to simply connect the finished() signals of our threads to
deleteLater() so that we don't have to manually delete them.

Am Sonntag, 10. Juni 2018, 23:45:27 CEST schrieb Robert Krawitz:
> > I'm wondering why you start so many transactions in ExifDB, but I haven't
> > touched that part for a while, so quite possibly I just need to brush up
> > on my QSqlQuery knowledge a bit...
> I'm not actaully using more than one transaction (m_insertTransaction)
> per image scan.  However, in order to simplify the load logic, I need
> to be able to get at the insert query started within that transaction,
> hence getInsertQuery.

I was thinking more about stuff like this:
    m_db.transaction();
    QSqlQuery *query = getInsertQuery();
    m_db.transaction();

My thinking is that normally each m_db.transaction() call should correspond to a call to
either m_db.commit() or m_db.rollback().

Cheers,
  Johannes