[KPhotoAlbum] suggested solution to the icon problem

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Fri Jan 5 12:09:05 GMT 2018

Hello Andreas,

I've pushed a fix for the issue of QListView messing with the icons. Seeing
that the remaining issue is "only" missing icons, I think that we don't
need(*) to rush pre-packaged fallback icons into KPA.

From my point of view, I think that warning messages for missing icons are
probably a better solution for the problem, because they enable the user to
just install the right package and get consistent icons for other applications
as well.

(*) There is a krazy2 check for non-standard icons which did not complain
about "view-preview" in the past. Getting a fresh  overview which icons we can
rely on is certainly a good idea. Then we can make an informed choice and
selectively provide fallbacks or use different icons.

Cheers,
  Johannes