[KPhotoAlbum] How to find the location of translation files (*po)

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Mon Dec 17 20:32:26 GMT 2018

Hi everybody,

I stumbled across a misleading translation to German that sent me quite
a bit off track.

"Rescan for images and videos" currently is translated to "Bilder und
Videos neu einlesen" which has quite a different meaning: "reread images
and videos" (oops - all of them??)

I would like this string to be "Nach neuen Bildern und Videos suchen"
which is what, according to my observations, KPA does. Even the English
text leaves room for speculation and could possibly be improved to read
"Rescan for new images and videos". But simply changing the source would
probably break a lot of translations.

I had liked to produce a patch, but I simply do not find the German
string anywhere in the source tree (find . -type f -exec grep ...)

Where do I search for this stuff? How are translations coordinated
within the KPA project?

Cheers, Andreas