[KPhotoAlbum] *startup-performance* branch

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Aug 18 20:19:15 BST 2018

Hi Robert,

This week I had a first look at it. I'm not on my PC right now and therefore can't look at the patches for writing this response, but my initial thoughts were:

I'd like a better name for the doDirty() method (but I couldn't come up with one right away).

The trick of shortcutting the MemberMap.contains() lookup seems OK, but I wanted to do a second reading to make sure I understood it correctly.

On that note: since the lookup is only updated during m_loading time: can it get incorrect results e.g. by removing (sub)categories and then re-adding some of them?

Cheers,
  Johannes