[KPhotoAlbum] The KPA in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS ...

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Jan 29 20:08:55 GMT 2017

Hi,

On Sonntag, 29. Jänner 2017 18:36:51 CET Andreas Schleth wrote:
> The program comes with a very misleading title ("open in raw editor") -
> see screenshot from the sw-center (in german).

I'd wish for packagers to do some basic sanity testing :|
Is there already a bug report on that?

> When installed KPA comes up OK in version 4.7 compiled with KDE 4.14.16

Seems fair.

> So, now I try to retrace the steps to install KPA manually using the
> description in userbase.kde.org:
>
> 1. problem: apt-get does not find libkf5kgeomap-dev (no real problem, I
> am going to build without kgeomap then )

Thanks for noticing. I added a not on the wiki page...

> 2. problem: KF5DocTools missing (apt-get install kdoctools kdoctools-dev
> fixes that -> Do we need only the *dev or both?)

Thanks for the feedback - I've added this information to the wiki page. You
need both packages, but *-dev packages always depend on their base package, so
installing kdoctools-dev installs both.

> 3. The Final Problem: (same as reported previously):
>
> /home/as/kpa/kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp: In member function
> ‘void AnnotationDialog::Dialog::loadWindowLayout()’:
> /home/as/kpa/kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp:1242:23: error:
> ‘class QMainWindow’ has no member named ‘resizeDocks’
>           m_dockWindow->resizeDocks({m_generalDock,
> m_descriptionDock},{60,100},
>                         ^
> /home/as/kpa/kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp:1244:23: error:
> ‘class QMainWindow’ has no member named ‘resizeDocks’
>           m_dockWindow->resizeDocks({m_generalDock, m_descriptionDock,
> m_previewD
>                         ^
> CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/build.make:3374: die Regel für Ziel
> „CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp.o“ scheiterte
> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp.o]
> Fehler 1

Tobias made that code conditional in the latest master. This part should
compile now...

Now, to the bigger issues:

Q: Do we want to support "old" Qt versions indefinitely?