[KPhotoAlbum] The KPA in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS ...

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Sun Jan 29 17:36:51 GMT 2017

Hi everybody,

I just checked the prepackaged KPA for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (virgin install):

The program comes with a very misleading title ("open in raw editor") -
see screenshot from the sw-center (in german).

When installed KPA comes up OK in version 4.7 compiled with KDE 4.14.16

---

So, now I try to retrace the steps to install KPA manually using the
description in userbase.kde.org:

1. problem: apt-get does not find libkf5kgeomap-dev (no real problem, I
am going to build without kgeomap then )

2. problem: KF5DocTools missing (apt-get install kdoctools kdoctools-dev
fixes that -> Do we need only the *dev or both?)

3. The Final Problem: (same as reported previously):

/home/as/kpa/kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp: In member function
‘void AnnotationDialog::Dialog::loadWindowLayout()’:
/home/as/kpa/kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp:1242:23: error:
‘class QMainWindow’ has no member named ‘resizeDocks’
          m_dockWindow->resizeDocks({m_generalDock,
m_descriptionDock},{60,100},
                        ^
/home/as/kpa/kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp:1244:23: error:
‘class QMainWindow’ has no member named ‘resizeDocks’
          m_dockWindow->resizeDocks({m_generalDock, m_descriptionDock,
m_previewD
                        ^
CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/build.make:3374: die Regel für Ziel
„CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp.o“ scheiterte
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/AnnotationDialog/Dialog.cpp.o]
Fehler 1

---

Andreas