[KPhotoAlbum] Bad News: KPA dies on save

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Jan 28 18:30:00 GMT 2017

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I can't do any debugging currently because the linker in Debian
unstable is currently broken :(

> with the latest two revisions I have the problem that KPA immediately
> dies without a trace (no oops-message, whatsoever), if I hit "save" or
> if the program tries to do it's autosave.  The index file remains untouched.

Can you create a backtrace?
Since your desktop apparently does not automatically create one after the
crash, you can use the following commands on the command line:

gdb --args kphotoalbum
(gdb) run
... crash occurs ...
(gdb) bt

> This just prints one line (the last above) while dying.  So, KF5JGeoMap
> is not responsible.

Since you mentioned that this only occurs since commit 53aa2d91 or so, there's
basically just one thing I could have done wrong. I've added an additional
check into latest master.

Does it still crash in the latest commit?

Cheers,
  Johannes