[KPhotoAlbum] problems compiling KPA on Ubuntu 16.4 (LTS)

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Thu Jan 26 21:03:34 GMT 2017

Hi Johannes & Tobias,

thanks for the input.  I just did a quick test and found the latest
version to be compilable and working - as far as I can tell with 5 quick
clicks.
So I will see what my daughter (500 km away) will manage and report on
her progress.

On a very different track: Just this week I had to fire up my old trusty
VM with opensuse 11.2 and KPA 4.1.7 to do some time shifting on scanned
slides:
a) this did work nicely with my most recent database and the database
was still OK when viewed in KPA 5.x.  This is quite remarkable!
b) when using the ancient version I presently noted the different (and
better) placement of the lens on the timeline: default position on most
recent images and not (as of now) on the oldest. hint, hint ;-)

Cheers, Andreas