[KPhotoAlbum] GPS tagging tools

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Sun Feb 26 10:14:02 GMT 2017

Hi Benny!

> Just to clearify: Rotating images in KPhotoAlbum (e.g. by hitting 7 or 9)
> does not change time exif data, it specifies the rotation index.xml.

I wasn't talking about that possibility, but the rotation that can be done via
e. g. Gwenview. Sure, you can rotate the images in KPA, but they will be only
displayed correctly in KPA then. I want them to be rotated correctly for all
programs, so I prefer the EXIF way.

> I would like to hear which Linux open-source tools you preffer for
> correlating GPS data (e.g. GPX-files) with images - typically inserting GPS
> data into exif data?

A quite nice way to geotag photos for me was the gpssync dialog from KIPI. But
this one seems to have quite some problems (at least here) with KF5. I also
used gpsprune, which worked as well.

Cheers, Tobias