[KPhotoAlbum] Problem with working set not updating when changing something

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 19 18:43:18 GMT 2017

Not sure how best to describe this...but...

To reproduce:

$ kphotoalbum --demo

Select keyword "scanned in"
Show thumbnails
Select some of the thumbnails, tag them "a"
Click "back"

Tokens is grayed out and unclickable.

As of v4.7.3, "Tokens" icon was grayed out, but it was clickable.  As
of v5.0-beta1, it's no longer clickable.  Same thing applies if I add
another keyword to some of the images -- I can't go back to the top
level panel with a selection and narrow it down further based on
changes I made in this context; I have to go all the way back to top
level.

This is very annoying; my usual workflow when processing a basketball
game (anywhere between 1500 and 2500 photos) is:

1) Keyword all of the photos with the name of the game.

2) Select the appropriate keyword from top level.

3) Go through all of the photos; tag the ones I like with "A" and the
   ones I want to delete with "D" (usually most of them I don't toss,
   but don't select to upload either).

4) Add "<game_name> selection" as a keyword to the selected set.

   This is where it gets problematic.  I currently have to go back to
   top level after tagging the photos, select the keyword I want
   (basically, go back to step 2), click Tags, select A, apply the
   keyword, and remove the tag.

I can't bisect this very easily, because basically all the changes
between v4.7.3 and v5.0-beta1 were intermediate changes during the
port, so they won't compile.

--Eric Crampton