[KPhotoAlbum] Command line option to search

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 18 17:05:48 GMT 2017

I usually keep search on startup turned off because if I have no new
images it significantly increases startup time (20 seconds vs. 15 -- I
have upwards of 200K images in my database).  However, if I've just
imported images, I want to start it with it turned on.  The workflow
is:

import-images;kphotoalbum --search

This lets me start an import and go away, without having to either run
kpa once just to turn on search on startup temporarily (or edit the
config file) or wait around for the import to finish, start kpa, and
search for images.  When I have 5000 images and 50 GB to import (not
uncommon if I've just shot a couple of basketball games), this is a
non-trivial convenience -- start the import and go away for an hour or
whatever while it imports.

--Eric Crampton