[KPhotoAlbum] patch 4 video length extraction and video thumbnails

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Tue Dec 12 22:26:23 GMT 2017

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for providing the updated patch! I've applied to git master…

On Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017 19:25:55 CET Andreas Schleth wrote:
> 4. For thumbnailextraction I need the analyzeduration parameter, even if
> it slows things down a bit. With some videos we don't get the thumbs
> otherwise.
> It would be better to *try* without this parameter first, then *retry
> with* on failure and keep the parameter for this specific file. But I
> did not find an easy way to retrace my steps and try the same file twice
> as these processes run asycronously.

Implementing the two-step approach seems like a good thing to do, and I'm
pretty sure it can be done within the current asynchronous approach.

Do you have a video file to demonstrate the problem? Then I'll try and see if
I can come up with a solution...

Cheers,
  Johannes