[KPhotoAlbum] current git master crashes ..

Andreas Schleth schleth_es at web.de
Tue Aug 29 21:43:40 BST 2017

Hi Tobias,

my actions in KPA:

1. rund demo mode
2. show thumbnails
3. doubleclick on any image
4. -

Here is my gdb session - after installing 167 debug packages still
pretty useless (?):

as at wshome5:/home/usr/src/kphotoalbum-git/kphotoalbum/build> gdb
./kphotoalbum
GNU gdb (GDB; openSUSE Leap 42.2) 7.11.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-suse-linux".
<http://bugs.opensuse.org/>.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ./kphotoalbum...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/usr/src/kphotoalbum-git/kphotoalbum/build/kphotoalbum
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fe879139700 (LWP 31345)]
[New Thread 0x7fe872912700 (LWP 31346)]
Detaching after fork from child process 31348.
[Thread 0x7fe879139700 (LWP 31345) exited]
[Thread 0x7fe872912700 (LWP 31346) exited]
[Inferior 1 (process 31341) exited normally]
Missing separate debuginfos, use: zypper install
liblcms2-2-debuginfo-2.8-89.1.x86_64 libraw15-debuginfo-0.17.2-89.4.x86_64
(gdb) libkdcraw: Failed to load embedded RAW preview
libkdcraw: Failed to load embedded RAW preview
libkdcraw: Failed to load embedded RAW preview
bt full
No stack.
(gdb) q
as at wshome5:/home/usr/src/kphotoalbum-git/kphotoalbum/build>

OK, I should build KPA with the appropriate cmake-parameter:
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ..

Done that, run KPA within gdb and - bingo - does not crash!

run cmake .. & make again without parameters and ... no crash!

remove all C* c* files in the build directory, rinse and repeat: ... no
crash!

So I added the 4th line (with the rm) to my build script (hey, I already
had the debug info):

git pull
export CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
cd build
rm -rf C* c*
cmake ..
make -j8
./kphotoalbum --demo

So, what do we learn here:
* Remove all remnants from previous cmake runs when doing a fresh build!
* And: *KPA does not crash if built properly*

This crash seems to have been the result of an inconsistent build
directory (?)

Best regards, Andreas