[KPhotoAlbum] I moved some photos....

Kerry Sainsbury kerry at fidelma.com
Sun Aug 20 01:48:04 BST 2017

Hi Folks,

I recently rearranged photos on the filesystem and was surprised to see
that KPA had lost all the metadata about the photos.

I've since read this thread
<http://kphotoalbum.kdab.narkive.com/xXVk5JPC/recalc-checksum-upon-image-modification>
from 9 years ago and understand my mistake, but is there really no way to
improve this?

Would a background thread that looks for files that have changed since 'the
last time' and (re)calculated the checksum on such files really be such a
problem in 2017?

It might not be ideal for network filesystems, but perhaps this proposed
function is configurable.

Losing all that metadata was really quite frustrating, so if there's
something that can be done to stop it biting someone else, that would be
awesome.

Thanks again for an awesome application.

Cheers
Kerry