[KPhotoAlbum] Building KPA 4.7.2 on OpenSuse 42.1 failing because of libkface

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 18:34:00 BST 2016

Hi :-)

I'm not the build system pro here, but as a quick 'n' dirty workaround, I
think you could simply remove the libkface search from CMakeLists.txt (lines
80-91). This way, cmake does not search for libkface in the first place, and
thus should not try to build the face stuff.

Well, if it's not there or not compatible, the build system should not suppose
having found libkface anyway ... :-( And it really does happen without
libkface being installed at all?! Perhaps, Johannes can tell us something
about this.

Just to have said that: probably, you want to try out our latest git master
instead of version 4.7.2. We have ported KPA to Qt5/KF5 in the meantime, and
very likely won't develop the KDE 4 version anymore (probably except for
bugfixes).

If you're building from source anyway, it's no problem: a

    git clone --depth 1 git://git.kde.org/kphotoalbum.git

will get you the latest sources.

I hope I could help a bit and that we can track this down and perhaps fix it.

Cheers, Tobias