[KPhotoAlbum] Can't import

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Jul 17 20:10:04 BST 2016

[resent for mailing list]
On Sonntag, 17. Juli 2016 11:49:16 CEST you wrote:
> > Do you use extended attributes on your file system?
> lsattr only shows extents, no permission-related attributes.

Sorry, I meant ACLs (try "getfacl /home/dave/pics/P1040299.JPG").

> I'm not seeing anything in the system logs. This is frustrating. It's got
> to be something simple. This is a recent F23/KDE install upgraded to F24.

I just got home and checked the source code for the error message you gave.
Any chance you tried doing something like "kphotoalbum --import /home/dave/
pics/P1040299.JPG"?

If so, then the the fix is trivial:
"kphotoalbum --import importfile.kim" is for import files only. If you simply
want kphotoalbum to search for new images, start kphotoalbum and select
"Rescan for images and videos" from the maintenance menu.

If you want kphotoalbum to always search for new images on startup, you can
also check "Search for new images and videos on startup" in the settings.

HTH,
  Johannes