[KPhotoAlbum] Building 4.6.2 for Debian Jessie

Kerry Sainsbury kerry at fidelma.com
Thu Feb 4 06:53:47 GMT 2016

Johannes Zarl-Zierl <johannes at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 03 February 2016 16:11:58 Kerry Sainsbury wrote:
> > Now that I finally have libkface compiled and installed, kphotoalbum (cmake
> > .. ) still says:
> >
> > -- Did not find KFace >= 3.5.0 (optional)
> > --   Face detection and recognition features won't be built.
> >
> > The output from libkface is shown below. Can you suggest what needs to
> > change before kphotoalbum will "see" libkface?
> >
> > Install the project...
> > -- Install configuration: "release"
> > -- Up-to-date:
> > /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5KFace/KF5KFaceConfig.cmake
> > [...]
>
> I'm afraid we didn't come around yet to update KPhotoAlbum for KDE frameworks
> 5 (KF5). If you want to build with libkface, you have to install a pre-KF5
> version.

Thank you (and Matthias) for the pointer to the use of an older version.

I have tried this version:

https://github.com/KDE/libkface/archive/v14.11.80.zip

...and KPA "finds" it but eventually dies with:

[ 78%] Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/AnnotationDialog/ProposedFaceDialog.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable kphotoalbum
CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/Settings/CategoryItem.cpp.o: In function
`Settings::CategoryItem::renameCategory(DB::MemberMap*)':
/tmp/kphotoalbum-4.7/Settings/CategoryItem.cpp:178: undefined reference to
`Settings::CategoryItem::newCategoryNameSaved(QString, QString)'
CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/build.make:5011: recipe for target 'kphotoalbum'
failed
make[2]: *** [kphotoalbum] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:162: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/all'
failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/kphotoalbum.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The offending code is:

#ifdef HAVE_KFACE
    // Also tell the face management page to update the recognition database
    emit newCategoryNameSaved(m_categoryOrig, m_category);
#endif

Can you point me at specific version of libkface source code?

Thanks a lot. I'm a big fan of KPA!

PS: Matthias. No, I've not tried libkgeomap yet.