[KPhotoAlbum] KPA 5.1/GIT problems

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Sun Dec 25 12:38:42 GMT 2016

Hello,

I tried to update to KPA 5.1.

But unfortunately, this crashes on start.
I get the following sequence on start:
- "the usual" messages about a not configured tag for untagged images
- A complain about a found mplayer, but missing mplayer2
  (BTW: Is this still reasonable, given the fact that IIRC mplayer2 is
no longer developed ?)
- KPA starts to read in new photos (progress bar)
- Then it crashes with a segmentation violation and a core dump.
  Unfortunately, I can't find a core file, despite
  gollum:> ulimit -a
  -c: core file size (blocks)         unlimited
  Any hints, why I miss it ?
- On the command line I get
gollum:> /usr/local/bin/kphotoalbum
KXMLGUI file found at deprecated location
("/usr/local/share/kphotoalbum/kphotoalbumui.rc") -- please use
${KXMLGUI_INSTALL_DIR} to install this file instead.
[1]    6040 segmentation fault (core dumped)  /usr/local/bin/kphotoalbum
- I had to fix the permissions for /usr/local/etc/xdg/kphotoalbumrc and
also of /usr/local/etc/xdg
  (But that didn't solve the problem)
- I don't find any file 'kphot*' below ~/.kde4
- I found ~/.config/kphotoalbumrc  and moved it away.
  After that I can start and load the demo DB - but trying to load my
own still crashes.

I had a quite recent copy from GIT running. But I missed to compile and
install this again for cross-check. Instead I did a 'git pull' but the
result of this behaves in the same way.

Any ideas for me ?

Regards

Martin