[KPhotoAlbum] Major photo orientation problem

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Nov 22 20:14:13 GMT 2015

Hi,

Wow, that's quite an insidious behaviour that you are seeing...

On Sunday 22 November 2015 21:03:06 Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> Hi,
> (old) BACKUP
> File Size                       : 1160 kB
> Image Size                      : 2048x1536
> File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2014:03:01 15:03:29+02:00
>
> ON DISK / KPA ARCHIVE
> File Size                       : 1135 kB
> Image Size                      : 1536x2048
> File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2015:02:16 19:01:12+02:00
>
> (Does this mean that this current file propably has been rotated Feb/2015?)

Looks like it...

> 1) Any speculation on how this all could have happened?

Sorry, I don't have any clue.

> 2) If I restore the original, correctly rotated images from my backups to
> the folders, should the database still work or will it see them as a
> different images and not assign tags? ie. How do I recover from this
> without having to go back to full previous backup?

Since the path name won't change, KPA will see the image as the same one, not
a new one. You should, however, run «Maintenance | Recalculate Checksums»
after you recovered the files from backup.