[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: gps search: a patch

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Sun Jun 21 20:26:35 BST 2015

Hi Tobias,

so I feel invited to run a patches kphotoalbum.

I've attached another patch. It fixes the gps position access from the exif
db.
Most imported change is, that
Exif::Database::readFields( const DB::FileName& fileName, ElementList &fields)
const
now returns a boolean: "Do we have any info about that file?"
If not, the caller in
KGeoMap::GeoCoordinates DB::ImageInfo::coordinates() const
should just assume there is no gps position and must not try to convert exif
info to latest version because there is no exif info at all. Doing so prevents
us from a lot of dummy entries in die exif-info.db
It's just some kind of paranoia the readFields delivers dummy objects in case
there is no exif info at all.
Without this patch the exif info objects ("fields") did still hold the info
from the last file with exif info. That did result in images/videos without
exif info showing up with an gps position of another image. That really looked
strange!

Cheers
Reimar