[KPhotoAlbum] gps search: a patch

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Wed Jun 3 20:26:37 BST 2015

> I see at least one other option:
> (3) Do not trigger updates to the exiv DB, and ignore missing gps values

I think this is a good idea. With the current implementation, the GPS data is
added to the db as soon as new images are found or geotagged via KIPI from
inside KPA.

So actually, we do just "short-circuit" users that know what they're doing
(and actually using the whole GPS thing). We could say "If you want to use
this for all your images, run a rebuild of the EXIF db". And here we go. No
frustrated users who don't use it anyway, and those who want to use it will
simply wait for that update to be done.

No problem for new users, as the GPS values are added to the db anyway.