[KPhotoAlbum] gps search: a patch

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Wed Jun 3 18:41:52 BST 2015

Hi Johannes,

if we wanted Option 2 (update on startup) it needed to include a question "Do
you want to prepare for gps search? It could take some time." (or something
like that).

About option 1: How about a progress bar with cancel button? After pressing
cancel there could be an info about the implicit gps preparation saying
searching will be fast if not searching for gps position info and searching
will be fast again after the first gps search has been done.

To option 3: The automatic exiv update is already (kphotoalbum 4.6.2)
triggered when opening the annotation dialog. It just deals with the shown
pictures and does not convert the exiv info for all pictures.

What about an option 4: Have a new checkbox in the kphotoalbum options dialog
"enable gps search". When doing so it could ask if the gps info should be
converted because it's time consuming. Option 2 and 4 could be combined.

Perhaps option 1 (progress bar with cancel button) could also be useful if a
search process just takes a little more time. For example on my machine the
first gps search costs about 2 seconds. When I've taken more pictures those 2
seconds will become 3, 4 or 5 seconds. And that's to long for a program not
showing any response.
I'd like to have a progress bar (including cacnel option).

What do you think?

Cheers
Reimar

I'd prefer an gps yes/no choice in the kphotoalbum option dialog