[KPhotoAlbum] Streamlining my workflow

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Mon Jan 12 11:06:12 GMT 2015

Am Montag 12 Januar 2015, 08:36:46 schrieb Risto H. Kurppa:
> I usually do step 2 ie. removing the obviously unusable ones before reading
> the files into KPA & generating thumbs. I ususally use Gwenview for this.

That's the very way I also do it. I first copy my photos to some temporary
location and look at each photo using Gwenview. Then I simply delete the
photos I don't want (using the del key). Gwenview is simply much more
convenient to use for this task.

After having rotated (if necessary) and selected the images, I run a script (
http://nasauber.de/opensource/scripts/#date_rename ) against the tmp directory
that renames all images like Number_YYYY-MM-DD_HH-mm and the directory like
[from date]-[to date]--Name.

At this point, I do have the data I really want and then, I move the dir to my
album and let KPA add it.

I think that KPA is not a good tool to select or sort photos, and it's also
not intended to be one (imo). Using Gwenview for this is surely the easier
way.

Cheers,
Tobias