[KPhotoAlbum] EXIF DB questions

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Sat Aug 29 15:57:29 BST 2015

> Can you show me the output of the following commands?

> sqlite3 exif-info.db 'select * from settings;'
DBVersion|2

> sqlite3 exif-info.db .schema
CREATE TABLE settings (keyword TEXT PRIMARY KEY, value TEXT) without rowid;
CREATE TABLE exif (filename string PRIMARY KEY, Exif_Photo_FocalLength float,
Exif_Photo_ExposureTime float, Exif_Photo_ApertureValue float,
Exif_Photo_FNumber float, Exif_Photo_Flash int, Exif_Photo_Contrast int,
Exif_Photo_Sharpness int, Exif_Photo_Saturation int, Exif_Image_Orientation
int, Exif_Photo_MeteringMode int, Exif_Photo_ISOSpeedRatings int,
Exif_Photo_ExposureProgram int, Exif_Image_Make string, Exif_Image_Model
string, Exif_GPSInfo_GPSVersionID int, Exif_GPSInfo_GPSAltitude float,
Exif_GPSInfo_GPSAltitudeRef int, Exif_GPSInfo_GPSMeasureMode string,
Exif_GPSInfo_GPSDOP float, Exif_GPSInfo_GPSImgDirection float,
Exif_GPSInfo_GPSLatitude float, Exif_GPSInfo_GPSLatitudeRef string,
Exif_GPSInfo_GPSLongitude float, Exif_GPSInfo_GPSLongitudeRef string,
Exif_GPSInfo_GPSTimeStamp float , Exif_Photo_LensModel string);

> Maybe you have filenames that are somehow interpreted as being the same when
> you use the c locale. I guess this doesn't happen with a locale of
> en_US.utf8?

With LC_ALL=en_US.utf8, this does not happen, but the UI is still German ...

> Maybe you can get a more descriptive error message using sqlite. Can you try
> running some queries (e.g. 'select filename from exif;') using the C locale
> with sqlite? Maybe the sqlite client prints a more detailed error message
> containing the keys that are deemed not unique...

With "select filename from exif;", I get the very same output, no matter if I
use my normal locale or C. Anway, it seems to be only a small subset of my
images in the EXIF db, I only get 897 entries, but I have 8521 images ...

Well, could it be that my EXIF db is abit messed up? I'm using git master KPA
for my real collection if I mess with it ...