[KPhotoAlbum] More patches

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl.at
Sat Aug 29 15:25:51 BST 2015

On Friday 28 August 2015 22:21:13 Robert Krawitz wrote:

> >> How do you propose we detect arbitrary bogus values?
> >
> > The most obvious to me is that if LensType looks like an integer with
> > no translation, that we keep looking for Lens and LensModel.  Having
> > something meaningful is better than not.  Certainly, however, -1 looks
> > like a default/error value; it's never going to be translatable.

I'd normally prefer to be conservative about classification of unknown data,
but I guess it's not gonna hurt to classify this value as 'generic' by
default.

For random non-interpreted values, I'd prefer, say '(1234)' over 'Generic
lens', because it allows diagnostic (i.e. it gives enough information so that
an informed used can file a bug with exiv2).

How about we replace '(65535)' with 'Generic/unknown' and add the focal length
information to all non-interpreted values?

I.e.:
'(65535)' -> 'Generic/unknown 30-50 mm'
'(1234)' -> '(1234) 30-50 mm'

> Have you had a chance to think about these suggestions?

Not yet. I just revisited the source code and your mail and wrote my thoughts.

  Johannes