[KPhotoAlbum] EXIF DB questions

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Sat Aug 29 07:43:00 BST 2015

Hi all,

still I don't know much about the EXIF DB, but I noticed one thing (and as
we're talking about it right now, I thought I should ask ;-)

With the recent lens patches, I get

	Error running query: alter table exif add column Exif_Photo_LensModel
	string
	Error was: No query Unable to fetch row

when starting KPA. This does not seem to bother KPA, I just noticed it and
thought this could be interesting ...

And another thing: I usually run KPA with my default locale de_DE. When I
start it in the C locale (e. g. to be able to post an original error message
like the above), two things happen:

I get a lot of these messages:

	Error running query: INSERT into exif values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
	Error was: UNIQUE constraint failed: exif.filename Unable to fetch row

and: KPA starts to re-scan the whole collection.

Shouldn't the persistence layer be independent of the used locale?

Cheers, Tobias