[KPhotoAlbum] Patch to search EXIF data by lens

Just Lettuce justlettuce at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:17:09 BST 2015

>There's only one problem with the algorithm for determining the lens
>model (and it has nothing to do with your patch vs. mine): until
>relatively recently, the LensModel wasn't in Exif.Photo.  In my case,
>it wasn't until firmware 2.0 came out in 2012 that LensModel was
>stored in Exif.Photo.LensModel.  Prior to that, it was in
>Exif.Canon.LensModel.
>
>I wonder if we need to do some kind of pattern match to look for
>LensModel if we don't find it in Exif.Photo.

Great to hear that lensmodel will be searchable!
I am noting that in some of my cameras it's in Exif.Photo.LensModel -
and as above, sometimes in other places.
In my case, it's sometimes in Exif.Pentax.Lens.Type.  Given the lack
of consistency, hmmm...
Can maybe copy in with exiftool or something as needed for some?
That said, I'll try the git soon.  I had written to the list sometime
earlier - and was thinking of extracting LensModel / LensType with
exiftool and merging it as a keyword/tag with the xml file, but of
course this is much much better!!  Can't wait to give it a try!
Thanks!