[KPhotoAlbum] Bug 338702 and general settings dialog behavior

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Tue Sep 2 19:36:39 BST 2014

> I thought I had offered a patch to avoid this problem a while ago;
> maybe I forgot to send it in.  In any case, your solution sounds more
> complete.

I just uploaded my proposed patch for the empty/duplicate/localized category
name problem to the "category_settings" branch.

This stops the category settings dialog from creating duplicate categories,
categories with no name and categories with the C locale name of an existing
category.

Further, I reworked the layout and did an overall code cleanup.

What do you think?

Apart from that, there's one thing I don't grasp completely at the moment:
what's it with that UntaggedGroupBox class? Why does this exist in an extra
class? The behavior is a bit odd: if one wants to set something there, the
category has to be selected (again) and the category names don't change as
they are edited.

Can't we simply add this functionality to the actual category settings dialog
and remove that class?

Tobias