[KPhotoAlbum] libkface

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Sat Oct 11 11:09:24 BST 2014

Hi list :-)

Just that this is not only a conversation between me and Gilles Caulier from
Digikam ;-)

Quite a lot of work is going on at the moment to detach libkface from Digikam
and make it an independent library, released with KDE itself. You can read the
whole story on the Digikam-devel, Kde-graphics-devel and kde-core-devel
mailing lists.

Hopefully, libkface will already be included as a separate lib in the next KDE
release. Some changes had to be made so that it could be accepted. I just
pushed the necessary changes to the KPA codebase to reflect these changes (so
git master now depends on the current libkface git master. At the moment, we
don't have a libkface release with the "new" API yet).

Cheers, Tobias