[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum questions

Kie kphotoalbum at hotsite.to
Sat Mar 8 16:23:32 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,

this is my first post to this mailing list, so I hope I am not
revisiting any topics discussed previously...

After many many hours and months of entry I have finally completed
tagging all the photos that I have taken so far (over 110k photos).
It has been worth the effort.  Kphotoalbum is already proving
itself useful and is stable and easy to use.
I do have a few of questions though...

1.is it possible to do a search and exclude photos with a particular
tag (e.g. has tag A but does NOT have tag B).
This would be very useful.

2. I often travel for a month or two, during which time I take a
lot of photos. Is it possible to tag the new photos on my laptop
and then move them to the NAS when I get back and combine the old
set of tagged photos with this new set of tagged photos?

(It was suggested on the irc channel that I could simply copy
the index.xml file and exif.db to the laptop and then copy the
updated version to the NAS when I get back (assuming no updates
to the NAS). Is this the best way?

3. I don't always get the selection I intend when tagging
e.g. if I type in 'art' and press enter, it will select 'Xmas party',
I will also not be aware of this unless I check the tags.
To make the correct selection, I need to click the box by art
which means my hands leaving the keyboard and using the mouse.
Is there anyway to avoid this?

4. occasionally it will ask me if I want to resize the grid,
probably when I accidentally hold the ctrl key while scrolling
the mouse wheel.
It warns that it will result in all thumbnails being regenerated.
I do not want this because with over 100,000 photos it takes a very
long time. However if I say no the photos are spready fairly wide
across the page, e.g. on my screen 6 per row instead of 8.
Is there a way to stop this from happening?
My current work around is to say yes then cancel the thumbnails
regeneration.

Also if you are interested in the performance (which is very good)
on this large dataset am happy to share details,
and thanks again for all your hard work creating this software.
It is brilliant.

Kie