[KPhotoAlbum] Import from Picasa

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:55:05 BST 2014

Hello,

I am currently working on a script which imports information about people
embedded by other programs in the photo (in this case Picasa) and updates
index.xml accordingly. I think the structure of index.xml is fairly self
explanatory, but are there any issues I should be aware of when I modify
the XML externally?

I plan to:
- add a new keyword "external_info", so I guess I need to make sure it
appears in the list of keywords. For ID can I used the first available ID?
- add the name to the list of Persons, if the name does not appear. Can I
use the first available ID?
- update the information in the <options> tag with the relevant persons and
the external_info keyword.

For the moment the script will work only with version="3" uncompressed.
Does it make sense? Should I do anything special except make sure that I
have a backup of the index.xml file?

Is there a more detailed information about the database than
https://github.com/jzarl/kphotoalbum/blob/master/documentation/database-layout.md
I am trying to understand the differences between the different versions.

Thank you,

Constantin