[KPhotoAlbum] geotagging alters image file?

Johannes Zarl johannes at zarl.at
Sat Jul 19 19:18:14 BST 2014

>Why would you not want to store the coordinates inside the files?
>There's a
>dedicated EXIF header for that! Either that photo has been taken there
>or not
>;-)

One reason would be that you can store the images in a read-only location.
Another usecase would be that the integrity of the image files is kept intact
when you need to prove that the images have not been tampered with.
Or simply that your backup program doesn't  back up the image files a second time... ;-)

>Anyways, the tagging itself is AFAIK not done by KPA itself, but by the
>
>geolocation kipi-plugin.

True. So I guess it's best to ask there...