[KPhotoAlbum] geotagging alters image file?

gsv000 gsv000 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 23:23:43 BST 2014

Greetings,

I am running kpa version 4.4 fedora 20 64bit.
I was just experimenting with the correlator to geotag photos from a
recent vacation, and I noticed that the exif headers of the geotagged
images now include the coordinates. Isn't it possible to save the
results of geotagging either in index.xml or a version of exif.db? I
have always liked that kphotoalbum does not touch the original image files.

Is there an option I am missing? I was unable to find anything relevant
by searching the internet.

Thanks

George