[KPhotoAlbum] Sort all by date

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 05:19:13 GMT 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 19:35:58 +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> > I do not know if this is related to your patch, or if the problem was
> there
> > already... but I get duplicates of the images on my index.xml when I try
> > sort images by date. (And when I restart KPA I still get the error
> message,
> > that my images are not sorted properly.) E.g.
> >
> > $ grep P4037045 index.xml|wc -l
> > 12
> > $ zgrep P4037045 index.xml~0125~.zip |wc -l
> > 4
> >
> > Anyway, even the backup file is quite interesting. I have the original
> RAW,
> > to exact copies of same jpg (with same md5sum) and one more copy of the
> > same image with different md5sum. The current index.xml, after sorting,
> has
> > the single jpg 3 times, and the double jpg is now available 8 times.
> Weird.
> > (RAW only once)
>
> Can you go back and try an earlier version to see if you can reproduce
> it otherwise?

Seems that this happens also with 4.4. Select all, expand stacks, sort by
date, save. I do not really know why this happens nor to what images. And
diffing the index files does not really help either, as there seems to be a
lot of meaningless changes there as well masking the additions. (Originally
36263 images, after the sort 36271, so it is only a few images that gets
duplicated, one image I know of gets 2 extra entries...)

miika