[KPhotoAlbum] Sorting by date

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 20 00:14:36 GMT 2014

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:18:13 -0500, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> I'm not sure just when this stopped working correctly (probably
> between last spring and December), but sorting by date (and reading in
> new photos) doesn't work right when multiple photos are taken in a
> quick burst, such that all of the photos have the same modification
> time rounded to the nearest second.  What happens is that the photos
> which were all taken within that same second are in indeterminate
> order.
>
> This is important when I'm photographing a sporting event with my 7D,
> which is 8 fps.  It's disruptive when shots in a burst are out of
> sequence.
>
> My suggestion is rather than just sort by date, to sort by date first
> and then by full filename.  This will work if photographs are imported
> in a way that preserves camera file naming, and is probably the best
> we can do.

Here's a patch.  The change to FileReader.cpp is to fix the
instructions.

I don't really like the SortableImageInfo implementation, since it
copies its members (which is needed for QVector to work).  Perhaps
someone has a better idea how to do this.

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congrats MIT Engineers 5 straight men's hoops tourney

--Eric Crampton