[KPhotoAlbum] Performance optimization for broken images

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Sun May 26 16:50:38 BST 2013

Hi,
KPA was eating all of my CPUs when I opened it without my NFS picture store being mounted. The time was spent within KIcon::pixmap. The commit at [1] (the shared-broken-image of the kphotoalbum.git) fixes this problem and I can use KPA again -- yay!

It's been some time since I contributed to KPA. I'm also a big fan of pre-commit reviews and git, and because there's no Gerrit for KDE (yet), I've used reviewboard at [1]. It's also available in kde:clones/kphotoalbum/jkt/jkt-kpa, branch "shared-broken-image". (Please ignore the branch with exactly the same name in kde:kphotoalbum.git, I cannot delete it or force-push in there. Ticket for sysadmins filed.)

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/110651/

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/