[KPhotoAlbum] Re: KPhotoAlbum crashes while generating thumbnails during start

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Sun Jun 2 11:30:49 BST 2013

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 01:37:04 CEST, Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> the performance issue is not solved, it's still terrible. Maybe even
> worse than before. Even if I select a folder with just a few relatively
> small images, KPA is unusable. The image collected is stored on a CIFS
> (Samba/Windows) share on a local server with a fast connection (1 Gb/s).

Manfred, could you please provide a bit more detail?

- What version do you run? If you just updated from git, did you run `make` and `make install`, and are you running the installed binary? What git commit is it?

- Where is the application spending most of its time? Something like the output of `valgrind --tool=callgrind` would be terrific, but also rather slow to obtain. However, making sure that you have debugging symbols, running the KPA from inside `gdb` and occasionally stopping it via Ctrl+C and sending the output of "thread apply all backtrace" (or "t a a bt" if you are bothered typing) will help a lot.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/