[KPhotoAlbum] Token setting in thumbnail view

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 04:24:47 BST 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:46 AM, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:30:48 -0400, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> > On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:28:07 +0200, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just had another look at the patch. Is it intentional that expanded
> stacks behave like unstacked images? I.e. when there is an expanded stack
> consisting of two images, uppercase letters only affect the selected image,
> not the whole stack.
> >>
> >> My feeling is that uppercase letters should always affect the whole
> stack. How about you?
> >
> > Yes.  I thought that that was what I was doing, but I'm not familiar
> > with the innards of the stacking.
>
> Actually, now that I think about it, the behavior I coded is indeed what
> I intended.  Whether it's the best behavior is open to debate (I can see
> both sides), but my thought process was that if the stack is expanded
> and you've selected only some of the stack members, then you've made a
> deliberate choice to exclude the others.
>
> On the flip side, if you've specified that you want all members of the
> stack, presumably that's what you mean.  That case seems ambiguous to
> me.  I don't feel all that strongly about it; if others agree that
> IncludeAllStacks is the right behavior, I'll be happy to change it.

How does this work when only a single image from a stack is in the
selection? E.g. I have raws and jpegs stacked automatically. Now I might
search for only raw images and tag the whole stack when only the raws are
actually within the selection list.

My intiution for tagging the whole stack would not care about whether the
stack is expanded or not if we intend the capital letter to be for whole
stack. One can always use the lower case letter to tag few images from
expanded stack.

miika