[KPhotoAlbum] A few stacking issues

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Jan 25 04:18:38 GMT 2013

On 01/24/2013 07:11 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:48:50 +0100, Johannes Zarl wrote:
>> On Monday 21 January 2013 01:06:55 Robert Krawitz wrote:
[...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Maybe I don't see the big picture here. If you don't need the .kim
>>> file, then why don't you just drag&drop the selection into a dolphin
>>> window?
> Because I don't like drag and drop for this purpose.  Also, my KPA is
> always full screen, and popping a dolphin/konqueror window over it isn't
> very convenient.
This is a pet peeve of mine.  Pictures usually need to be big to decide
what to select, so I always start out with KPA maximized (yes, I use
thumbnails too).

After I select a bunch of pictures, I restore KPA (make it smaller),
move it to my desktop that has dolphin running on it maximized, restore
dolphin (make it smaller). Then, after all that, I can drag the pictures
into dolphin and select Copy here.  Then, I have to put everything back
the way it was.

What I'd like it to do (in addition to the dragging method) is to be
able to cut/copy using the usual shortcuts and context menus as in
dolphin and just switch to wherever dolphin is and paste the images.
This would be *way* easier for me.

Joe