[KPhotoAlbum] A few stacking issues

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Fri Jan 25 00:38:22 GMT 2013

On Friday 25 January 2013 01:11:32 Robert Krawitz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 00:48:50 +0100, Johannes Zarl wrote:
> > On Monday 21 January 2013 01:06:55 Robert Krawitz wrote:
> > I would assume that the export takes the top-image from each stack and
> > exports this, regardless of its file-type. So the stacks where the raw
> > file is exported should be the ones with the raw image on top. Could
> > you check your stacks and tell me if that is the case?
>
> I have no reason to think that that isn't the case, but that doesn't
> make the behavior more useful.

Well, it doesn't make the behaviour more useful for you, but it also means
that the real bug lies with the autostacking-problems you mentioned. If
autostacking worked properly for you, you wouldn't need the workaround. I just
don't want to dig into this problem, if I'll realize later that the problem
lies somewhere else ;-)

> >> 3) I'd like a way to suppress generation of the .kim file altogether.  I
> >>    normally use file export to pull a bunch of files out of the tree to
> >>    do something with them (edit, upload, what have you) outside of kpa.
> >
> > Maybe I don't see the big picture here. If you don't need the .kim
> > file, then why don't you just drag&drop the selection into a dolphin
> > window?
>
> Because I don't like drag and drop for this purpose.  Also, my KPA is
> always full screen, and popping a dolphin/konqueror window over it isn't
> very convenient.

Fair enough.

  Johannes