[KPhotoAlbum] build woes (from git on openSuse12.2) - "This file was generated using the moc from 4.7.4. It cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt."

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Sun Sep 16 12:35:13 BST 2012

Am 14.09.2012 20:45, schrieb Miika Turkia:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Martin Jost <lists at majo.name> wrote:
>
>> Questions:
>> Is there a "stronger" target then 'make clean' and I missed it ?
>> If yes, what ?
>
> make clean && cmake clean .
>
> However, this does not clean everything generated. I do not know any
> more powerful way than this except for the rm. The different build
> directory as suggested earlier today along with rm is easy enough to
> get to a clean state.

Thanks for the tips on this one.
I finally used the variant with an empty dir. I wasn't aware, that this
is supposed to work - thanks !

>> P.S.:
>> Then I tried to start the generated KPA, it comes up (as it seems
>> completely, but then doesn't react to anything. I'll create a second
>> mail, to not confuse the different issues.
>
> This sounds rather strange. I have had a "brief freezes" upon starting
> KPA occasionally but waiting for a minute at most has been enough to
> get up and running. I think my freezes are related to thumbnail
> generation, but not sure.
>
> If you really have a solid freeze a bit more digging is in order.

I did a strace on this. It seemed to fail on opening a icon file.
(Need to hunt the trace, if I still have it)

I then compiled a second time (from scratch), installed - and this time
it worked - don't really know what was the difference...

Regards

Martin