[KPhotoAlbum] Debugging Symbols

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 07:24:21 BST 2012

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 6:44 AM, Joe <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> I'm using KPA 4.3 from the ppa on kubuntu Precise (12.04).  It works
> great, but it crashes every time I close it.  All my data gets saved
> anyway, so it's just a minor annoyance.

Interesting, I have not seen such crashes, but would really like to
get rid of it in any case.

> When it crashes, the debugging assistant comes up and asks me if I want
> to load debugging symbols.  I say yes, but it can't find any, so I have
> to quit the debugging assistant without finishing it.

You would need to install kphotoalbum-dbg package that is apparently
not available from the ppa.

> Is there anything I can do - aside from installing from git - to fix
> this problem or effectively report it?

You could try running kphotoalbum with gdb and getting a back trace
from there. However, I have no idea whether the back trace is useful
or not. Otherwise it is the compile path.

miika