[KPhotoAlbum] New features for testing and discussion

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:10:39 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 July 2012 06:32:43 Miika Turkia wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> On discussion side, the annotation window is a bit annoying nowadays.
>> The minimal width is too big for me because of some buttons that are
>> replicated for each category box even though they are global in
>> nature. The and/or selection is the only one that is specific to each
>> category and makes sense to have multiple times. On the other hand
>> only one set of buttons would be sufficient to select the display mode
>> and toggle search mode.
>
> I'm wondering what device you are using KPA on. I tried scaling the window
> down, and can get it down to 520 in width.

Lenovo X200s laptop with resolution 1440x900. The default set of
categories fits nicely but adding new categories ("Latin name",
"Common name" and "meta") is too much.

> I like to keep the buttons repeated, as it makes it more obvious that it is
> for those lists, than if they were located elsewhere in the window.
>
> Maybe your problem is just that the default size is to big?

The default size and minimum size are too big. However, it is possible
to re-arrange the window to fit the screen properly (even though I
would prefer the original layout).

miika