[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum method of storing Tags, description

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 06:22:34 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Karl Schmidt <karl at xtronics.com> wrote:
> On 01/29/2012 12:50 AM, Miika Turkia wrote:
>
> It might not be trivial to write the code to add annotation to a picture,
> BUT I am absolutely certain it can be done without corrupting the image.
> <time passes>  I just did it with digikam and verified that it is in the
> file with exifprobe - all the camera data is intact.

There is no question whether it can be done or not. We used to have
that feature and might have it also in the future. It just needs some
developer to pick up the task and code it up (any volunteers?).
However, internally KPA will still use own "database" as reading tags
from one file is many times faster than scraping the tags from tens of
thousands of files and many of our users prefer not touching the
original images at all.

miika