[KPhotoAlbum] kphotoalbum method of storing Tags, description

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Tue Jan 24 18:22:29 GMT 2012

Dug around the web pages - I'm not finding the method kphotoalbum uses to store annotations, tags
etc.  IMO the best place to store this information is in the file itself.

I'm looking for a system that stores them in the picture file as EXIF or better XMP - is this what
kphotoalbum does?

In my quest I read where people were complaining that gimp overwrote exif information - (I'm running
Debian with gimp 2.6.10-1 ) Is this still an issue?

My quest is to find a good method of annotating photos, that won't become obsolete or unsupported
over time (which means storing the tags and comments in the photo file via exif of xmp).

I would love to read something that explains the pros and cons of EXIF vs XMP for annotating photos.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

No matter where you go; there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai