[KPhotoAlbum] Undocumented/cluttered features in KPA

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Jan 6 08:25:47 GMT 2012

Hi there!

Based on the recent discussion people asking for 'what's the KPA way
to do this and that'..

KPA has plenty of features written by many excellent developers who
have written the code to make KPA suit their needs. Great thing here
is that it gives KPA unique features. The downside is clutter,
diversion or even loss of vision. KPA has now quite many features that
are somewhat unclear even after using it for several years. I'm afraid
this might make it not that inviting for a new user to start using
KPA. KPhotoAlbum is a great tool to tag photos but to me it looks like
that we need to clarify the vision of the project.

Continue later-button or how to manage untagged images
Database backend conversion
'Direct tagging' in image viewer (the /Pe  and Fx -thing.. )
Tokens
'Jump to Context'
RAW workflow
Other?

Basically my message is that now as we will discuss what's the future
of KPA (and I hope and believe that is has some kind of bright future
:), I'd truly appreciate if we could build a general vision what KPA
is, what do we want it to be, what features we have, what do we want
to have and how do fit together and what's the preferred way to do
things - and hopefully then document it.

Thanks Blackie for your loooong work, let's hope this is a new start
for KPA. And thanks Heller for making us come together to discuss the
future.